Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Amigurumi - Crochet Toys




I have been wanting to write a post about some of the amigurumi projects I have worked on in the past for some time now. Making toys is what first got me excited about crochet, and I still LOVE to make them. There is something very satisfying about creating all the different elements and then putting them together to make a creature with a little face. . . 

The ant in the picture above is my own creation ... but I didn't record the pattern ... sorry!
Anyway - hope you enjoy!


This is the best octopus pattern I have found. Small, cute and quick to whip up! I purchased this pattern from Ruby Submarine - I highly recommend this pattern!

 This was another fun quick little project ... I could make a million of these little guys! I found this Turtle pattern on Ravelry ... I just made a few small alteration. I love free patterns!




These fish, and many of the following critters I found in two books by Ana Paula. I highly recommend her pattern books to anyone who would like to make some toys, I was still very new to crochet when I bought these books and still had little trouble following her patterns. The great thing about amigurumi is the only stitch you really need to know how to do is single crochet. It's a fun way to start crochet!














The little lion is one of my favorites!


This squid was the first toy I ever made! I was so proud! :)
I apologize for the poor quality of some of these photos,
many of them were taken with my old camera  phone.
I created this Squidbilly all on my own. I didn't write down the pattern ...
 Well, that's about it for now ... I have made many other toys but can't seem to find any other pics... Let me know if you have any questions about how to find toy patterns! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, be kind!