Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer Lovin!

Wow! I can't believe how long it's been since I've written a post. 
Something about Summer this year has my head in the clouds. 
My family and I have been having a great time this season...
 Ernie has been growing and growing, already walking! 
I've definitely stepped back from my hook and the computer to focus on him and enjoy his babyhood.

*_-_-_*

I suppose my Summer started during "late spring" but whose paying attention really? 
My Mother came for a visit and was able to spend some real quality time with Ernie (and Me!).
The three of us took a wonderful trip to Hendersonville, NC where we have a family cabin. The trip was really great until .... we all got sick! We ended up cutting our trip a week short and went back home to recuperate. A sad turn of events, but I'm choosing to remember the happy times we did have! 
I love seeing and spending time with my Mom! 
Sunrise through the pines. The view outside our cabin. 
Pitcher Plants outside our cabin. Love them every spring!
My Parents got their Marriage license here. 
Beautiful Downtown Hendersonville. I would love the call this town home permanently.

The Black Bear is the kind of mascot for Hendersonville. 
_-_-_

After my Mother went back to Florida it was time for a family vacation! Just Me, my husband and Ernie. This is the first REAL vacation we have ever had as a family. It was GREAT! We decided to visit a place neither of us had ever been - Charleston, South Carolina. What a great town! I really loved it. So much history and great places to eat! Not to mention BEACHES! A must ingredient for a Floridian on vacation. Ernie got his first taste of ocean and sand at the beach!
 As a Florida girl I was so happy to share that with him. We even "built" a small dribble sand castle.
 I can't wait to go back. . . I miss it already! This may become our summer vacation "spot."
_-_-_

Moving along ... the second weekend in June our town hosts the Seedtime on the Cumberland Festival. Typically I have a craft booth where I sell my crocheted toys and various other handmade items. 
This was the first year I didn't have a booth.
 It was hard, but also pretty nice because I was able to relax and enjoy my time at the festival. 
Taking a break at the local pub!
Lots of great old-time(american) and bluegrass performers!
_ --_
We have, of course, been up to many other things ... swimming and visiting neighboring towns.
 However, sometimes you just need to put the camera down and enjoy the day as it is. . . 
Hope you all are having a glorious summer!
I am working on some new patterns ... I PROMISE! 
I will post as soon as Ernie lets me... ;)




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you guys are having a fun summer so far! I love your hair! I got mine cut short too on mother's day.

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!