Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sunny Days


What a wonderful month April has been! I was able to kick sugar for my 30 day challenge and only have it occasionally now. I mean, it's hard to resist the donuts at our local bakery and I have also realized since giving up sugar that baking is a stress reliever for me, so I have really missed making my treats in the kitchen. Still, I have lost 14 pounds since mid-March and I am sooooo HAPPY about it! 
I have 15 more to go to be at my "ideal" weight.
  Sounds crazy right? Well, I'm going to try to reach that goal by the end of the summer ... wish me luck!


Anyway, the sun has been shining and the flowers have been blooming. Ernie and I are out and about walking almost everyday soaking up the sun and taking in the beauty of the mountains of Southeast Kentucky in Springtime. Spring is so fleeting. Even as I was uploading these photos today for the blog I realized most of these flower have already nodded off for the season ... 

I absolutely LOVE these little Violets ... they definitely were one of my very favorite Spring flowers this year! 

















Oooo Spring! You have done what you were meant to do ... rejuvenitate. 
I have felt so great getting out and walking and sweating under a bright blue sky.
I hope you enjoyed some of the colors of the season in this post!
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. lovely pics, Becca, and well done with your diet.
    Maggie.

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!