Sunday, April 7, 2013

Catching My Breath ...

March was a wild month! My family and I traveled all over Kentucky and Ohio attending conferences, visiting with friends, and spending Easter with family. It was EXHAUSTING, but wonderful. This is our first weekend home in almost a month and so far I have really enjoyed it!

 The weather has FINALLY turned, it really feels Spring-like out there! 
Birds chirp, frogs sing, the sun shines. 
 It's been wonderful walking weather too! Ernie and I have been our several times a week wandering down our littler hollow and down our local walking trail ... 

I realized about half way through March that I had been feeling very icky and down about myself. Sure, I've lost the "baby weight  but my body was no where back to what it was post pregnancy. I think most mothers will know what I'm talking about ... that squishiness that just seems to hang around! Anyway, after the husband's incredible birthday cake and a few other crazy cookie treats I realized I just needed to make so major changes if I wanted to SEE any major changes in myself.

Soooo, self improvement plan has been in full swing! It's nothing really concrete, more of a new Life-Style , eat better and exercise more ... it certainly has been challenging! To kick start this new clean living campaign I have given up sugar for a month. This means no cookies, cakes, or donuts .... my favorite things! Ahh! Also, no sodas. Very few carbs so Husband has not been baking much bread (frown). I'm also pretty sparing on my meat intake. It's all very hard BUT so far I have enjoyed experimenting with healthy foods. Cooking more with SPICE and less with SALT. Eating tons of fresh fruit and vegetables. Lots of beans and avocado. Oh - GREEK YOGURT is now my biggest obsession. It's so incredible and versatile!

Super Protien Lunch!
1 Hard Boiled Egg
1/2 Hass Avocado
1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
Curry Spice and Garlic Powder to taste
Mix and YUM!
I add this on a salad and it's keeps me buzzing around all afternoon!

Anyway,  it's been THREE WEEKS of being SUGAR FREE!!! I feel great! I've lost 7 pounds so far ... my goal is 10 but why not really try for 15?? I do plan on eating sugar again, but very sparingly!
Spring!
Ernie and I have been out walking 2-3 times a week and I just LOVE it! I hope now that the weather is nice and warm we will be able to go out more often! I'm already dreaming of going to the pool ...
I hope all of you are enjoying your spring!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my ... sugar free diet ... I admire you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lovely images - good luck with your healthy eating x

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!