Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ravelry "Attic24" Inspired Swap


YAY! The Attic24 inspired "Small Pleasures" swap is officially complete! 
My partner and I have both received our well traveled packages so I am now free to share with you all.
I had a great time with the theme of this swap package. I don't really do many swaps, but since I just love Lucy's blog I knew I could not resist. It was so much fun getting to now my English partner and I hope to continue our new friendship now that we are bonded by yarn creativity! 

First I'm going to show you what I put together for her, then share what she sent for me. 

I have always really admired the wreaths Lucy creates and I just LOVE her flowers, so I decided to make Mel a little spring wreath. I loved this little beauty very much, and to be honest it was very hard to part with! Then again, I am learning that this is the best qualification for a job well done!

 I decided to follow Lucy's lead with her May Roses Wreath and just attach them with pretty pins - worked like a charm! And much less messy than trying to sew all the flowers and leaves on!



 Hanging on my wall ... I will definitely need to make one for myself!

My other handmade item was this little flower candle holder. I love this pretty little thing! 

Mel loves tea ... I couldn't resist this teacup from our local antique shop!

 A quilt square pin made by Kentucky artisans...
A Sweet Little Appalachian Doll

 I also included the fun dish towel, a little notebook, and some lovely blue chunky blended yarn. I hope she loved her package, it was truly a pleasure to assemble! 

-o-o-o-

Now, the package Mel sent me was soooo wonderful! It really made my day when I opened it! 
So exciting to receive a package from overseas!

 Her Package included two vintage patterns (really love the shawl pattern!), a skein of yarn, lovely note card set, a pretty card,  handmade items, and the pretty check fabric. 
Baby Ernie has LOVED playing with the fabric!
 OOOH! I do LOVE the little handmade items! The very sweet framed tiny flower, a Mellie Moo Crochet Owl, one of Lucy's Triple Layer Flowers as a broad AND...................................... My very favorite thing in the entire package - a little Doctor!!!! Doctor #4 to be exact ... played by Tom  Baker. 
He is one of my favorite Doctors! I was sooo happy to find him in my box! I will treasure him always! 
Thank you so much Mel!
So inspiring!

2 comments:

  1. BOTH OF YOU MADE A GREAT SWAP! DARLING GOODIES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca! Mellie introduced me to you. I have just read through some of your latest posts and enjoyed seeing your snow and daffodil and cardinal as well as your wonderful crochet work! Thanks for posting!
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!