Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Wintry Day

 When I went to be last night I was determined to be grumpy about the incoming weather. All reports said it would be cold and we could expect snow. "Enough!" I thought. It's time to be warm and feel sunshine. . . However, when I woke up this morning and looked out my window it was too beautiful to be upset. Ernie wriggled around in the bed while my husband and I attempted to get a little more sleep. Finally, I just accepted that it was time to wake up and watched as the blue light of the snowy morning slowly got brighter and brighter.
  The daffs are tough! My hope is they will recover from the days of snow behind and ahead of us and that we will still have some pretty spring flowers! Again, trying to not be grumpy!
As soon as Ernie went down for his morning nap I decided it was time for me to get some playtime in the snow! First time all season I really went for it. I put my snow boots on and started crunching around the hollow.

Everything was so beautiful. It was absoutley still, so all the branches were dressed in layer of white powder.


Winter Sky

A very silly little snowman. This was my first attempt at a snowman since I was probably about 5 years old. He was extraordinarily short and had no arms. Making a snowman is hard! And I was alone. 
Snowman building is definitely a two person operation. Still, it was fun! 


I found a piece of glass in the stream with tiny ice crystals in the shape of leaf. Very pretty and mostly likely metled away by now ... 

I have been trying all season to get some a shot of a cardinal in the snow! I finally did! These aren't the best, but I am so happy! We were lucky to be visited by a pair, male and female.

The male is the more red and "prettier" of the two. Figures.

I LOVE IT!!!

The red is just so striking against the paleness of winter.

On another note I have finished weaving in all my ends for my granny blanket. I have joined all my squares and  am now working on  the border. Hope to show you the finished product soon! 



I also wanted to share with you a couple fun finds from our local antique shop.
 When I saw this embroidered wall hanging I couldn't leave without it! I am very much in love with it.
 I've trying to find the perfect spot to hang it in my home ... finding  a "baby proof" place is the challenge!

The embordiery work is really beautiful!
I also couldn't  leave without this sweet little cloth bird ... plus Ernie loved it so much he played with it all the way home! <3


The day has been spent at home enjoying the gentle snow, hot coffee, and hot soup. 
Life is good today!


1 comment:

  1. I love all the snow photos..Really beautiful and a little touch of winter for we snowbirds.

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!