Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!


We are having a wonderful Valentines Day in my little family! I spent the day shopping with my sweet little Cherub Ernie. He was a good sport! I have to say if it weren't for wearing my baby I don't know what I would do! I dread the day he is too big to carry ... Sigh. Anyway, today is filled with smiles and happy thoughts! This evening when my husband gets home from work we plan to take Ernie swimming in the pool for the first time. It's indoor so it should be a perfect temperature ... So excited! I hope to take him to the beach this summer!


Last year on Valentines Day my husband and we found out we were having a boy! It was so exciting! We celebrated by buying diapers and a onesie. We were so excited! This year we are just as happy. We never do a big gift exchange, usually just a nice dinner at home ... We try to keep it simple and not expensive. This year I made us a special treat, some Cake Batter Confetti Cookies. I found the recipe on Pinterest, but the blog it originated from is called Sally's Baking Addiction ... All her recipes look fun!




The cake batter mixes up oddly. It's almost squishy and not too sticky. 
I really liked the fact that you didn't need to add any butter or sugar to it.



I used little heart sprinkles in honor if the holiday! Also, I only used half the amount of sprinkles the recipe called for and the cookies were still very tasty and colorful!


I left my cookies in the oven for ten minutes and let them cool almost completely before I took them off the cookie sheet. They turned out perfectly! A little chewy ... A little crunchy (from the sprinkles). It was a wonderful recipe and I thank Sally for it!




This plate of happy is almost all gone now ... Mmmm ... Cookies!




I hope you all have a wonderful day! No matter what be sure to treat yourself to something sweet!





1 comment:

  1. Those look yummy! Don't you love baby wearing?! What do you use to bw? In glad you had a happy VDay.

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!