Saturday, February 2, 2013

Enough Already!

Well, I have finally come to terms with my TV addiction.
It's not that we have cable or even local television.
It's the world of Netflix and Amazon Instant that has me sucked in. Currently I can't seem to get enough of British Television. I love everything from Doctor Who to Foyle's War to The Vicar of Dibley.

The TV addiction started when I was pregnant going through the no-energy-sloth phase... After baby was born I was broken of it ... For awhile. Now it seems I can't go through the day without watching 4-6 hours of television. It's so embarrassing to even admit I watch television that much! Even if I am doing other things while the tv is on - like caring and loving baby Ernie, crocheting, folding laundry, and "cleaning." But the honest truth is I would get a lot more done and be a lot happier if I kicked this habit! Duh.

My plan is not to quit TV altogether ... That would equally be as crazy, but I clearly need to create some boundaries ... Have some moderation. Maybe one hour a day?

In order to really do this though, to really break myself of this addictive habit, I need to cut it out entirely for one week, a full 7 days. This is going to be incredibly hard for me (especially because my husband watches a lot too when he gets home from work), but I really think I can do it and hope that it will result in me to become happier and more productive in my life. I feel like there is no way it couldn't. I mean, I know better than to watch that much TV.

So, starting this Monday-Sunday I am not going to watch any television. I will be popping in here for accountability sake, and to record how its going and what I am doing now INSTEAD of watching TV.

Wish me luck!



2 comments:

  1. Oh ... Good Luck ... I won't tell you about Mrs Brown's Boys which is a new programme out on TV over here!!
    But seriously though I have thought about this too and am feeling inspired!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping I can stick to it!

      Delete

Remember, be kind!