Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Scattered

Wow, it has been entirely too long since I have posted. I have a lot to share and hopefully will be able to get a few posts out over the next few days! :)

I was born a scatterbrained unorganized mess. This has made taking on a new role as "household manager" rather tough. I have been trying desperately to keep to a schedule, make a plan, write a list, complete a task, but I always seem to end up with a cluttered dining room table, a couch full of laundry, coffee trails through the house, a bedroom full of clothes that don't fit - I can't put away - but also can't seem to part with (ladies, you should understand this to a certain extent). And that is just to name a few! I remember back to one day in high school when my room was it's usual disaster. I was friends with a pack of boys who came by to pick me up for a movie or maybe it was for a bonfire? Anyway, they were disgusted. One friend (the most orderly) picked up a grubby sock from the floor and dubbed me "one of the guys." Sigh, I know that being messy is by no means exclusive to being a male but I also know there is a lot more pressure on women to be organized and ... well ... clean.  My problem resides in the clutter ... I am a pack rat. I am at my happiest when I am on the couch surrounded by crochet hooks, yarn, books, Ipad, phone, cats, coffee mug, and now or course a baby. Only when you have a baby clutter become a real problem. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am attempting to change my ways and stop with the clutter ... but how?

My husband is always full of quaint sayings, and one in particular has been ringing in circles in my brain,
"A Stitch in Time Saves Nine" 
aaaah too true! This has become my mantra of sorts. Pushing me through my days and trying to keep from creating more work for myself by leaving a trail of clutter everywhere I go ... Trying to turn a new leaf ... trying trying trying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, be kind!