Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Blanket for Baby Trinity

Hey Everyone! 

Some of you may remember me mentioning a certain new niece that joined our family in September ... Her name is Trinity Marie and even though we have not official met, I love her!
I managed to FINALLY finish  her baby blanket a couple weeks ago. 

I went with the the Attic24 Neat Ripple pattern. This is the same pattern I used to make my scarf
I really love this pattern, easy to get in a groove with and there is something super fun about making ripples. 

Since this was a baby blanket, I and I realize most people aren't as color crazy as I am, I went with nice soft colors. White and a sort of sea green. You see, Trinity's parents both LOVE green, so I thought this would please them, since we don't know what Trinity's favorite color is yet :)

Viola!

I was actually worried this blanket would be too small,
I used every scrap of yarn I bought for the project!
(My husband is pretty happy about that!)
But, after seening it completed I think it turned out to be a nice size. 
Hypnotic Ripples ........

I wanted to blow up the photo of the edging because that was the one thing I had some trouble with and I thought this photo may help others attempting to edge their ripples.
I was lucky to find some guidance on one of the loveliest crochet blogs around, Bunny Mummy - Her Baby Ripple Blanket is GORGEOUS! I am in love with her colors. I want to make a large blanket like this for my bed ... now to just convince my husband ...
Starting from the corner I did - sc, sc, hdc, hdc, dc, dc, tc, tc, dc,dc, hdc, hdc, sc, sc, sc, sc, hdc, hdc .... so on and so forth.
On the non ripply edges I just did a simple hdc and then finished with a sc to tighten it up.
I really wish I had just a little more yarn because I originally wanted to add a little picot edge all the way around for a little "frill." Much like what you see on Bunny Mummy's blog. Alas, no more yarn! 

Overall I am VERY pleased with how this little blanket turned out! 
 

Oh, and how I could forget!

Here is my sweeeeeet sweeet sweet little niece Trinity modeling for me on her blankie!

 Snuggle Bunny
 She looks so sweet on this blanket! It was such a pleasure to make for her! 
I love to make things with certain people in mind ... I couldn't wait to see her wrapped up in it!
Yay!

Ciao! 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your niece is adorable! As is the blanket, I'm very partial to ripples.

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!