Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baby Owl Rattle

I have been looking for fun little projects to make fore little Ernie before he gets here and I was lucky to find the cutest pattern for a crochet owl rattle on ravelry.com ... it hooked me into a very nice little blog called, A Lovely Little Life. I have visited this blog before, but totally fell in love with this new little pattern! It didn't take long to whip it up and I LOVE how my rattle turned out! I want to make more!!! Anyone having a baby out there that wants one???? ;)

Materials
Lily & Creme Cotton Yarn (blue, green, yellow, orange and white ... colors I had already)
Size 3.5mm hook 
Darning Needle
3 Jingle Bells to create Rattle Sound
Polyester Fiber Fill


The only problem with the little owl is as I was stuffing it with jingle bells (to make it rattle) the cats immediately recognized the sound ... perking up their ears and sitting at attention. I realized I was using the same bells I stuff THEIR toys with! Already I have had to hide the toy ... hopefully, they don't attack little Ernie when he is big enough to play with it! 
Doot Doot Doot ... The Hunter

Doot Doot Doot & Malu

Loving the time I have to make little things like this for Ernie before he comes!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca, Your owl looks brilliant I'm so glad the pattern worked out right! I'm always worried it won't make sense! I hope little Ernie loves it when he arrives! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!