Monday, June 18, 2012

Of Blogs and Babes



  
I am new to the world of "blogging." Well not entirely. I enjoy reading blogs, mostly craft related or published by my friends about their lives.  But this is the first attempt at writing a blog of my own. Those of you who read this don't expect to find perfect grammar or spelling. I just want this to be entertaining a fun.  My hope is to use this blog to share the experiences of being a new parent, my somewhat bungled attempts at domesticity and adventures in crafting.



Well, my baby is due in about 7 weeks and I honestly can’t wait! I feel humongous and have absolutely zero energy. It feels funny to complain about that… being tired all the time. Whenever I say to someone “I’m so exhausted I can barely move,” part of me always expects them to reply with, “wait until the baby gets here!” Sometimes they do say that, sometimes they are just sympathetic. In the back of my mind I always think, even if I am tired from new baby care it can’t be worse than the bone aching energy sucking fatigue I have felt during pregnancy. I mean seriously? This is ridiculous. I have maybe 3 hours of somewhat productive energy a day in between bouts of heartburn … There is no way I will feel that helpless for the first few months of baby’s life … I HOPE.

The thing is I don’t really know what to expect when the baby gets here. Everyone has some horror story or another, always involving some bodily function. “Just wait until he pees on you,” “be sure to keep your mouth closed when you change him,” “watch out for projectile poop” and “sleep now because you won’t once the baby comes.” The problem with all of that is that none of it is really helpful, and just causes a sort of anxiety. The bottom line is I have no idea what to expect when the baby comes. Yes, my husband I will be tired, we will be covered in poop, pee, and vomit on almost a daily basis, but how does one prepare themselves for that? You can’t.

 I have decided to just be excited and have sweet fanciful dreams about how happy my new little family is going to be … 

1 comment:

  1. You just stick with the excitement, it's the best feeling! Yes there is a fair amount of natural anxiety with a new baby, but really my memory of those early days is of overwhelming love and relief and gratitude. You've got so much to look forward to xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Remember, be kind!