Saturday, June 23, 2012

Beautiful Week


This past week was pretty exciting for a hermitish preggo like myself. I was able to get almost everything ready for Little E's room - his impending arrival is getting me all riled up and excited! The "nesting" instinct has finally hit me! Yay!
I was able to sort through all of his wonderful little tiny clothes, towels, socks, blankets and toys. I spent a whole day washing and folding and sorting and organizing his sweet little room. It's still a work in progress, and I'm sure that as soon as he arrives everything will get turned over and be completely different! Oh well!
It was really insanely fun for me!


I really love the new house we moved into last May ... We are still just renters, but I don't think we could have found a sweeter little place to live. My husband and I like to refer to our neighborhood as the "Enchanted Holler" or hollow for you non-Appalachian folks. There are houses of all types scattered up and down holler on a twisty turning road with a stream running alongside it. Every home has some unique feature but almost all of them have flowers and/or a garden. I just love taking walks here (well, back when I COULD) and even the drive is so nice. We also have quite a bit of wildlife back in our enchanted holler - birds (who love our feeders), bunnies, chipmunks, foxes and have even heard rumors of Elk up in the mountains. It's peaceful and quiet and everything I could ask for! 

Herbs & Flowers

Flowering Dill
Flowering Cilantro
It seems all our herbs are flowering at once! My husband built us this fantastic herb garden, but we just couldn't use them up fast enough ... Still, it makes for great smells every time you walk out the door!
Flowering Chive
Flowering Basil


We have a huge bed of tiger lilies ... which I am beyond in love with. I had no idea what they were until they started blooming ... quite honestly I thought they were just a patch of weeds the lawn guy didn't feel like cutting ... and they weren't very attractive ... until - THE BLOOMS! Totally worth having in your yard and and are big bright beautiful flowers. It drives me crazy they can live for longer than a day once cut, but I still love to see them outside our window. The whole Holler has these little guys along side homes and some just growing wild! I love it! 

Tiger Lilies




 We also have these great little rail straddling planters on our front porch. I just love these colorful little flowers and I was able to use some of my pin wheels!
Fuchsia Flowering 

I picked out this plant for no other reason than I thought it looked unusual and I loved that it was covered in blooms at the time... little did I know that it would keep blooming AND attract one of the coolest birds ever! Humming Birds can't seem to get enough of the Fuchsia! Still trying to snap a pic of the little guys ... 

Final Ramblings ...

This week was filled a few other little delights. . . I finally checked out my local community pool with a friend of mine and really loved it ... I plan on whaling around in the water a few more times this summer before Little E is on the scene!

I also was able to do some entertaining this week (A BIG DEAL FOR ME) and was able to try out a new recipe! I put together a little luncheon for my husband and another couple we are friends with. It took me all morning to prepare everything - but everything was pretty yummy so I think they all enjoyed it! It was short and sweet since everyone had to get to work, but it made me feel great to entertain and give friends some yummies in the middle of their day. 

For lunch I prepared lemon fusilli with arugula, tomato and broccoli and a salad of mix greens with empire apples, cucumber and gorgonzola cheese. It was light and refreshing! But the exciting part of the meal was dessert - I made Strawberry Mini-Pizzas for the first time! Check out my recipe

Well that about does it for today! I'm in need of a nap and am still trudging away on Little E's baby blanket ... My goal is to finish this sucker this upcoming week! I have other things on my crafty list!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, be kind!